CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Susan: Two Americana Blocks

I made some changes, but forgot one important one, so my blocks are a little wonky and 10.5 x 13 instead of 11.5, It's okay. I'll see what the next row is like and then put a filler in. I hope Deana forgives me, as she knows how I feel about paper-piecing. There would have been a lot worse mistakes if I'd tried that on these blocks!

I have quite a collection of Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam blocks and books, so I looked through and found these two. There will be one more girl, and I don't know if she'll have a flag or maybe some balloons. Makes a cute little parade, I think. I still need to embroider the flag poles, though. I'll do that when the third block is done. There will be a bead/button on back of Sue pinafores, too.
 

3 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

OMGosh, these blocks are adorable and the flags are just awesome!

Ann T. said...

Susan, I think your blocks are adorable!! And I know Deana understands. This is your quilt to make the way you see it. LOVE your blocks, and a parade would be adorable too.

Moira said...

Such cute blocks! Love the fussy cut flags. I'm voting for balloons for the last one.