CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Quilt Shops - Cathy

I got so excited when this month's pattern came from Deana because each shop pattern has a place for a tiny quilt to hang. I knew immediately that I wanted to play with my Dear Jane software and miniaturize some blocks to be the quilts in my blocks. Yesterday I printed up my patterns and last night I put together this little guy. This is D-10, Battlefield.

 

After I made it, I realized that I had made it to finish at 3-1/2" when it is supposed to finish at 3".  I trimmed it to 3-1/2" which is what you see above.  It looks like when I use it to make my quilt shop that the outside coral plaid will disappear.  Most likely this one will end up on a shop I keep because of that error.  I did reprint my other patterns this morning so they'll be the right size.  Don't you just love it???  I'm so excited about this.  Can't wait to get home tonight and start the next block.

2 comments:

Ann T. said...

Very cute. Too bad the coral will be in the seam.

Cathy said...

Thanks Ann. My thought too. I'll do better tonight.