CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Vickie

I have been quilting for 14 years but have tied quilts for many many more than that and have sewn since I was about 8 years old.  I have really enjoyed the piecing process and love doing long arm quilting.  I will be buying my first longarm in a few months but I've used them for about 5 years to quilt my own and friends quilts.  I love the way the sewing room has a calming, everything is right with the world effect on me.  We moved into our new home about 1 1/2 years ago and (lucky me) it has a mother in law suite out back which is now my sewing cottage.  I blog over at www.acreativenotion.blogspot.com but have been a slacker all summer long.  I'm married to my best friend and have 5 grown kids, 3 have 3 children each.  So I have 9 beautiful grand kids, only 2 are boys.   I currently have 3 grands living with me ages 8,7 and 3.  They keep me busy and unfortunately out of the sewing room for now. 
I am a registered nurse and do home care and hospice which I love doing.  I'm hoping to be able to retire soon and start my own business.

 I am excited to start this fun swap and have done many swaps in the past, the flower and sewing theme are right up my alley.  I live close enough to the store in Ephriam Utah to just run over there tomorrow and get some fabric.  Can't wait to get to know you all.  Vickie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm envious of your quilting space! Hope you get to use it a lot more in the near future.