CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Susan: Desertsky Quilting

Here's my introduction post. I'm not shy! I did participate in the 2011 Mystery and loved it, though I wasn't able to finish everything. I have a wall hanging I like very much, though - or I have the top and need to quilt it! For the most part, I'm a scrappy quilter, so I suspect that blocks I make for me will be made from my scrap bins - yes, that's bins, plural! I will bite the bullet and buy actual fabric in the colors required for swap blocks, though!
Here's an example of my scrappy nature:

If you want to know personal stuff, I'm a retired elementary teacher, a widow, and mother of two grown sons who are still brats. I'm not a grandmother, but there are a lot of children in my life because many of my friends are half my age. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and gospel activities, quilting and reading take up most of my time, with sleeping and eating running toward the front, as well.
If you want to know quilt stuff, I'm a scrap quilter. I rarely buy fabric just for a specific project. Most of my quilt tops go to American Hero Quilts. I don't make clothes or pillows and rarely anything for the table, just quilts of varying sizes. I'm a traditionalist, though I like some modern things, as you can see from my string quilt, which was a pattern idea from Wedding Dress Blue. Here's another of my quilts, made for a friend.

I'm really looking forward to this new swap/challenge/mystery! Deanna is so creative and I love her work. I'm looking forward to getting to know each of you, though I already know a couple of you from the past, and Moira from long-time friendship.
One last quilt, from one of Moira's BOM designs, this one in my favorite colors:








No comments: