CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Hello from Edith

Hi, my name is Edi (Edith). I have been a blogger for just a little over a year. Honestly, I can't remember how I got started but I did get lots of encouragement from a good friend Down Under, that I met while reading different blogs that I found on Pinterest. 

I'm a stay-at-home mom and homemaker. I share my home with my husband of almost 15 years, my 13 year old son (we adopted when he was 5 after 2 years of foster care), 4 dogs, 4 birds, a bala shark and 2 hermit crabs. Over my working career, I have been data entry, retail management, shipping and receiving and a legal secretary. I worked from home for five years while adjusting to being a stay-at-home parent. I volunteered as a tutor while my son was in elementary school. I volunteer as a Sunday School teacher and craft department for Vacation Bible School at my church.

I learned to sew in junior high. My mom taught me embroidery. My best friend of 40+ years is one of my strongest supporters in the quilt world. Along with sewing, quilting and embroidery, I crochet, cook, garden and am an avid reader. My favorite authors are Nora Roberts, Fern Michaels and Nicholas Sparks. 

I'm looking forward to this my first swap. Sharing, making new friends and learning lots.  Thank you.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Welcome. I have just past my first year too.
Hope to have fun stitching along

Anonymous said...

Edi, I didn't know about your many job experiences. I was data entry WAY back when, to help support my family during lean times, and I was a legal secretary, too, before that! Fun to find even more commonalities!