CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Block #15, and complete setting.

Final Block!!

This block took a lot longer to put together than it looks. The pine tree print had 4 inch wolfs with the snow around and between them. I cut small pieces of the snow print and set them around the trees. Much of this was needle turn applique using a blind stitch. I also had to overlay and applique trees over the the top of others to cover parts of the wolves and the holes cut to remove the wolves. I enlarged the mountain from the pattern I used in block 14.
Below is 14 and 15 put together. I found the cloud print looking for something else, and it seemed a better match than what I used earlier, so I took the old clouds off and added these. I do like them better.

And here is all 15 blocks put together. It makes quite a picture.
It measures about 60 X 80. I hope to get the borders on tomorrow.

7 comments:

Pam in KC said...

WOW! And I think that is an understatement.

Pam in Texas said...

Ann, that really turned out nice. I am looking forward to seeing the borders. Congratulations. I am ready for another one too. It was definitely a challenge.

Annmarie said...

AWESOME! It is a masterpiece. You must be so proud.

dorine said...

Congratulation! You are the first one completed! It is really beautiful. Can't wait to see it in person.

Betty C said...

You have a whole scene of out in the country complete with mountains in the background. You did a lot of planning and work on your project and it turned out great. Congratulations!

dq said...

The top of your quilt is realy my favorite section. Maybe it is because it is so new, I don't know. You set those trees on teh mountain so realistically. Sorry I have been slow coming along lately. Life is just a bit crazy.

Moira said...

Wonderful! I love how you were able to get the entire scene like you did in the quilt.