CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Carrie's Scrappy Anything Rule #6

Had a chance this morning and was able to start AND almost finish rule #6. I used bits and pieces leftover from making my baby nephew's holiday stocking for the house bodies and straight black Kona Solid for the rooftops. The grass, sky and background are all scraps pieced together to get the right size.



I did the freeform piecing when attaching the "ground" area to the house panel. You can see the waves here (I obviously need to press better {grin}:


Now, the reason I said "almost finished" before was that I so cannot decide if I should put this panel on the top ...

or the bottom...

 of the quilt top.

Your comments please!!!!!

~Carrie

6 comments:

Marie said...

Wow, you are really catching up quickly, and it looks great. I love the colors in your quilt and this new block just makes it even more fun and interesting. I think I prefer the block to go on the bottom, but it will be interesting to see what the other ladies think. I'm guessing it won't be unanimous because it would look great either place.

dq said...

It is a tough decision but I too vote bottom. They both look good though.

Baby T Grows said...

This is really cute, glad you're catching up! I am behind on the current rule, haven't even started... anyhow, I like it on the bottom.

Ann T. said...

I like it on the bottom better, also. It seems to balance out better that way. I love how you did the houses and the grass. Very clever!

dorine said...

Well, I guess I'm the oddball. I like in on the top. Can't say why, it just looks more pleasing to me. Like it either way though. Good luck deciding! Beautiful quilt so far!!

Betty C said...

Either way will work fine. I sort of like the houses (they are adorable) on the bottom because the backgrounds in your other blocks looks like an extension of your sky above the houses. In that sky is the sun, moon, stars, geese flying and love circulating. Did I miss anything? Well, one of those circles might be another planet. The middle house might be a rocket ship getting ready to blast off. The other houses might be research labs. Or quilt stores. lol. You tell us... it's your quilt ... after all. The green strip on the bottom gives a nice solid piece for all of the rest of it to evolve from.
I like your progress. Colorful.