CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 29, 2011

Marie's Optical Illusion Rule 6

I'm pleased that I got this finished before the new rule came out.  This was a fun block to do.  I've never tried free motion curved lines before and it was fun to do.  It just doesn't make sense to me that they would fit together, but they do fit perfectly. 

I made a couple of mistakes.  The worst was that I didn't allow enough fabric for seam allowances so I ended up having to do curved lines on my black border to compensate, but when I finished I was glad that I made this mistake because I like the way it turned out.  I learned a few things and if I were to do it again I would change it a little.   I think I should have added a couple of trees, but I'm not going to take it apart.

I was afraid that all those curves would not blend in with all the straight lines in the rest of the quilt, but I think it will work out as I add more to the quilt.


6 comments:

Annmarie said...

Nice work, Marie - it all fits together soooo nice!

Pam in Texas said...

Wow, you did a very nice job. I am really liking your quilt. It is just outstanding. I am always looking forward to seeing what you will do next.

Ann T. said...

Love it, and I really like the effect of the curved lines on your border. That really sets it off! You could embroider or thread paint a tree or two if you decided to. That would not be too difficult. But I like it the way it is.

Betty C said...

It looks really nice. Maybe it is better you didn't put trees in it? Without the trees it keeps the clean organized look as the rest of the blocks are.

dq said...

Just when I think it is not possible, you keep outdoing your last block. Your house row with its curved background is fabulous! I wondered how you would fit a structure into your illusions. You definitely succeeded!

dorine said...

It just keeps getting more beautiful! Wonderful job with free motion piecing!!